Tuesday, January 15, 2008

#37 Tortured

1. Are you tortured right now with your knitting, or maybe just blah?.
I am tortured, though I think it's greatly due to this &#%@ submission thing which for me is a necessary evil. This should be the biggest torture of my life thank you very much....not much to be tortured about is it?

2. If you are generally satisfied with your knitting are generally satisfied with life...kind of an even keel type person?

3. If you go through highs and lows with your knitting is that also your personality outside of knitting?

4. Is knitting just knitting to you..fun when you do it, however youd don't necessarily miss it when you aren't doing it?

5. Or, do you looooove knitting and are always wondering what the next pattern and new yarns are that you are going to find?

6.Do you think about knitting A LOT when you are not knitting?


Join the Sheknits Podcast Knitting Circle First EVER Secret Pal Swap…can we trust you …I have a magic mirror…I can seeeee you….oh and by the time this is organized I imagine the actual swap will take place in about 4-5 weeks give or take, so think towards the middle/ end of Feb. unless we decide differently

I have never done a secret swap as I am so cynical and non-trusting…well maybe not the cynical part, but I swear I would be even more tortured then I already am if my swap partner didn’t follow through. Don’t do this unless you will follow through and are willing to be communicative and timely…no slackers please…bad karma

1.If you want in, PM me with ALL the following info which I need to secretly match you up. I am not asking people to post theri info on their personal blog, just post to me and I will match you up. PLEASE TITLE YOUR PM “SWAP”:**

A) Pick ONE of these amounts that you are willing to spend on your goodies, and remember that is what you will be matched with- range of $15-$20-ish OR $25 -$30ish OR $35-$45ish .

B) Are you willing to ship internationally …and remember if you say yes to internationally, consider what amount you are still willing to spend JUST on the goodies. Also please tell me specifically if you would LIKE to be matched up with someone international

C) Any allergies? Do you smoke?

D) Favorite treat salty or sweet…state some specifics if you’d like too

E) Fav. knitting magazine or book you currently don’t own (remember swap will be taking place in about 4-5 weeks

F) Any particular yarn,needle, pattern, kit, or tool you are hoping for (remember your price range)

G) Favorite scent?

H) Regarding a small-ish hand made gift, knit, crochet or other!. DO you want to make one, do you want one? Either way is fine just asking.

I) Anything I missed here…suggestions please

Send the answers to me in a PM here please.

2. I am looking for one other volunteer helper. Please let me know in your PM if you would like to help me with this..especially if you have swap experience or are just a good organizoer and have the time to help without feeling hassled.

I am so excited. Even if there are only 5 of us we can make it work. Hopefully there will be more. The nice thing is a bunch of us are familiar with each other. If you are new to the knitting circle or have been a lurker and this swap brings you out of your lurkdom, so be it…however, you better get into the She-Knits Podcast group and at a minimum introduce yourself in the “Intro. (or re-intro) yourself” thread.

What about those of you not on Raverly, you can e-mail me at sdreifuss(AT)msn(dot)com

1 comment:

soxchik said...

I LOVE the movie Once. I even posted a Youtube of the song Falling Softly on my blog. I keep playing the song and it's stuck in my head. I also love how the lust interest gal hauls her vacuum all over downtown Dublin ( I once did that with a 50 lb Brother knitting machine ribber attachment in NYC. I brought it into a dive bar and onto subways and met up with future husband). Keep obsessing over the soundtrack. It's a good one!