Thursday, September 20, 2007

Episode #19 She-Knits is alone...in a good way! Also a double apology

A listener commented that she was "sad and shocked" that I said that the woman on Geek Farm was annoying. I want to clarify that I have never listed to Geek Farm and on this weeks podcast I was reading aloud other peoples comments that were in response to my quest for finding new podcasts to listen to since there seemed to be a shortage of enough knitting ones. A few people mentioned Geek Farm Life however a number of them also shared with me that they found the "woman on the show is irritating". I was reading these comments out loud not even thinking about what I was saying. I wasn't saying that I found her to be annoying, but rather that some listeners found her to be annoying. I never should of mentioned the "irritating" part. It was unnecessary, insensitive and a careless mistake. I apologize for my lack of recognition as to what I was saying and am sincerely sorry if I upset anyone in saying this. I would never intentionally say something mean-spirited about an individual on my podcast. Yes I have said that I do want to be honest in my opinion about book reviews or the scatchy yarn factor, however I would never purposely say something mean-spirited about a person . As silly as this podcast may be, I take it seriously in terms of a certain responsibility about what comes out of my mouth. There are human beings behind those podcasting voices that come out of the computer, or i-pod, and there are human beings listeing to these words. This human being/ podcaster made a mistake and I apologize.

Apology #2- and this one is about my on-doing lack of tech skills.

I thought I learned how to edit at my lesson at the Apple Store...which I kind of did, however...I recorded the episode, and then realized I wanted to add something, which of course I can do becaseu I learned how to edit....right?? WRONG! So the first time I sign off don't click off the show (...or maybe do) as it continues on woth another part that I added late, including ending again. Sorry for being confusing...and double PEACE to you this week.....and me


She-Knits purse pattern Pipes and Braids

Join the Holiday Kal-Cal or contribute a prize for free advertizzies

Two adorable hat knitting patterns. Sorry, I said her name incorrectly it is Kathryn Ivy

LLittle Snugs from Pick up Sticks


This American Life Podcast

Audio Books:
Secret Life of Bees
Life of Pi

Sharon's Yummy, and actually low-fat Corn Tortilla Soup Recipe (will be up by 9/22)

32 oz. Hunt's Tomato Sauce
1 medium onion chopped
1 T. garlic chopped
1 T. olive oil
3 cups of corn- half used initially , half used later
1 T Chili Powder
2 t. black pepper
1 t red peeper flakes
2 T. granulated sugar
1.5 cups crushed tortilla chips...I like using the baked ones for less fat ...you don't even notice the difference...I promise

Saute Onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
Pour tomato sauce in 2 qt. pot.
Add onion to tomatoe sauce.
Add crushed tortilla chips
Add 1.5 cups of the corn, sugar and all the spices.

Cook for 20 minutes on low-med heat...should be bubbling little bubbles on the sides

Whip out your emulsifier and GO!

Add remaining 1.5 c. of corn and cook 20 more minutes

May garnish with a little avocado, a little grated cheese, a little cilantro, and a little crushed up chips. Taste.....how do you like me now?

1 comment:

Lain said...

Hey Sharon!
I know what I am having for dinner tonight.. the recipe sounds awesome! Now how about that nuclear spaghetti or whatever you called it?

Don't be so hard on yourself. I know it feels rotten to feel like you've mis-spoken, but hey, you're human!

xoxox
Lain
lainehmann@comcast.net