Tuesday, June 17, 2008

#54 Interview with Interweave Knits Katie Himmelberg

I just posted the interview with Katie Himmelberg. We talk about pregnancy, picking suitable yarns for projects and what drives fashion trends. She was so kind to give me some of her time, however I am not sure if I didn't talk more then she did and that is not good in an interview. I think she may be a little on the shy side...or maybe exhausted....which is so understandable. I sense that Eunny, Lisa and Katie work really really hard...and that putting out magazines is an exciting and exhausting career.

I need to figure out how to get my ame out there to LYS's across the country. Even though I had good success at TNNA, bottom line was that I probably only pitched to about 25 people and I sold to 14 shops....it was really easy to sell patterns once people realized there was this great trunk show they could also get. But once that booked out through August of 09', it made it harder to sell.

So, now I have decided to offer a trunk show of my own that can be booked through me. Good idea huh? Samples sell patterns AND YARN. How man times have you walked into your LYS and seen a finished item and though I really want to knit that (or not). Trunk shows rock. Contact me if you want to give your LYS a flyer, you might wina free pattern from me if they actually order!

I can't wait for Interweave Knits Fall comes out. Of course I hope that those are inspired to knit my sweet little wristlet do so, however I think I truly truly might have to knit a cardigan i saw in there...I take that back, I think a more realistic thing for me would be one of the awesome vests....wait until you see the two really awesome vests...I feel inspired.

1 comment:

StarsongKY said...

Hi, heard your show mentioned on another knitcast and came to check it out, downloading the last few episodes now.

I've sent your show's RSS feed into Zune Marketplace's "suggest a podcast" form, so hopefully you'll be available there soon as well.