Wednesday, April 15, 2009

#72 New beginnings

The above is my one and only summer knit I have ever made. I think its from 1990 (shudder)

I fantasize about making a lightweight cardigan...lightweight as in sheer barely there ala Knitty's
Sea Tangles have you made a super lightweight cardi? If you have let's here about it.

Would you like it if I lead a mystery bag KAL? If so please let me know either here or in the thread on Ravelry in the She-Knits Podcast group.

Things aren't easy out there, we need to try to not sit frozen in fear and frustrations of what we had but rather go forward with what we have.


Here are the quotes I read regarding determination..sorry I don't have the authors:
"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination " Tommy Lasorda

"If you doubt you can accomplish something then you can't accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow it though" Rosalyn Carter

"There is no chance, no destiny, no faith that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul." Ella Wheeler Wilcox


1 comment:

Knitlark said...

Dear Sharon,

I have been a "lurker" on your podcast for several months,and I always enjoy it.

I just had to write because I especially enjoyed the one I listened to yesterday, which was when you opened your gift box. I had goosebumps, too! You certainly are much loved. Wow.

I am a podcaster, too (inspired, in part by you and the joy you bring to me and others) Mine is called Knitlark Lane.

I read classic literature while you knit (or quilt or whatever). Cheaper than audible.com or Recorded Books. Right now I am reading The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Then there is Just a Bit More. I have Knitting Tales (tales of an almost-beginner knitter) or Need to Read (books I like -- or don't) Walk With Me (what we might see on a walk together) and Podcast Pilgrim (podcasts I like).

I am going to highlight She-Knits in the next episode and tell everyone to be sure to listen to your Episode 71. It truly was special.

"Keep swimming," :)
Celeste
http://knitlarklane.libsyn.com

P.S. I am trying to let others know about my podcast. I have been inspired by a blind friend, and I really will work hard to keep up the quality. If you can let anyone know, that would be wonderful.