Monday, April 16, 2012

She-Knits #116 April 2012

Well, I missed writing any notes on last months podcast. But- here I am with April's!

She-Knits Mystery #11 Lovely Rita begins April 18th

Simple pattern that is well selling Piper's Journey

Read or rather listened to "The Rest of Her Life" by Laura Moriarty, I liked it - I checked it out on the internet from my library...the greatest thing ever!!

Am currently listening to We need to Talk about Kevin by Lionel Rosenblat - not sure I like it yet

Ok, so I asked, have you ever gone to your knitting guild or a Fiber Festival and heard asomeone speak? Particularly a designer? Who...or is it whom did you hear speak and why did you like the talk...orn ot. Maybe it would be best to only answer positively in here and if you want to tell me about a talk you didn't like private message me in Ravelry ..I'm sheknits.

The newsletter will go out in the next few days announcing the early bird special for She-Knits Mystery #11, Maya - a lace and slip stitch small shawl...more like awesome scarf with cool beading.

3 comments:

Lynn Lopez said...

I have written to you before to let you know how AWESOME your patterns are, and I just felt that you were due for another "atta-girl." I am knitting my second Cynthia, and will be knitting my second Robin, and already have my yarn ready for all of your other shawl/scarf patterns. Although I don't commit to the Mystery knitting, you can bet that I purchase the pattern as soon as it is ready for sale on Ravelry.

Your written instructions are perfect for the way that I process knitting information and your videos are always there in case I experience "brain freeze." It absolutely blows my mind to hear that your patterns are not chosen for each and every magazine to which you apply. I am tired of all of the same boring/unwearable/triangular shawls that appear over and over in knitting magazines. I am a slow, single-pointed, side-to-side knitter, so the magazine patterns are not for me.

I am also experiencing the effects of the economy, and I know that my purchases do not supplement your income, but I am a devoted fan and will continue to purchase your patterns. Keep up the beautiful work; you rock!

Lynn Lopez
LL3js@aol.com

Just Me Yoda Wannabe said...

I am SO glad you are back! I am so encouraged by you, even when you are not feeling especially "up". :)

Geri said...

I love hearing designers speak about their designs, what inspires them, what challenged them with the design, and seeing their trunk shows.

I try to participate in workshops in my areas of interest or in a particular technique that I want to learn.